Midgard clamping lamp in steel look with enameled shade from the AEG company.
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished brushed clear coated and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It has a noteworthy patina.
It has been polished to give it a steel look.
The lamp is in very good overall condition and is marked with ‘Midgard’ and DDRP at the joints.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a switch located on the bakelit lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily fixed to the table with the clamping base.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 17,5cm
1. Arm 38cm
2. Arm 55cm
Cable length 250cm
Buld socket E27