Emblematic elegant old Midgard typ 113 clamp lamp
The design of this rare beautiful vintage clamp lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling
of all elements, the lamp was cleaned and rebuilt again. All the small parts have been cleaned, polished, oiled.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard sun and DRGM on the head, and with Midgard on the base.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bakelite lamp socket.
The clamping lampbase can be fixed on the table surface/table top.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16 cm
300 cm cable length