Joint lamp Migard in original condition
The design of this vintage jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was checked.
The lamp has light signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The interior of the shade is flawless.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by one screw.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The lamp can be easily attached to the table with the table-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 18 cm
Joint 35cmLänge cable length 200cm