Midgard very big jointed lamp green hammertone with enamel shade and clamping base
The design of this vintage articulated double joint lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning, rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was varnished and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by one and two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The clamping lampbase can be easily fixed on the table surface.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16cm
1. Arm 46cm
2. Arm 67cm
Full length up to 131cm
cable approx 270cm
bulb socket E27