Midgard 109 DRGM DRP rare double scissor lamp
The design of this vintage scissor lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished brushed painted and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches. The shade has significant signs of the past.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard logo at the head, and MIDGARD DRGM DRP Ausl Pat (before the war) and ‘Einstellung’ on the scissor.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the brass lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 13cm
Full length up to approx 104 cm
Heigth Wall mounting 29 cm
Cable length 230 cm
Gefertigt in Auma in Thüringen