Duo of Midgard articulated lamps in original condition with blue hammertone finish paint and wide shade.
The design of those vintage hinged double-jointed lamps was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning of all elements, the lamps were checked and rebuilt again.
The lamps has signs of wear consistent with age and use.
The lamps are in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The lamps are engraved with MIDGARD and DDDR on the joints.
The mechanical system of the lamps functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Total length ca. 90cm
1. arm approx. 36cm
2. arm approx. 36cm
Shade diameter approx. 16cm
E27 bulb socket with original bakelite rotary switch
Cable length approx. 60 cm for one and 140 cm for the other one
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia