Joint lamp Midgard R2 in original condition
The design of this double-jointed lamp comes from the Curt Fischer, CA 1920 has worked on the idea of “steerable light”. Before the well-known designs by Christian Dell, or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer with the all-round mobile workstation lighting implemented the idea of so-called ‘steerable light’. The metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar was lit with Midgard lights and the Bauhaus students and served as inspiration, and is verifiable in the living room furniture by Ilse and Walter Gropius in their house at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning of all elements, the lamp was tested and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It has a noteworthy patina.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The lamp is marked with Midgard R2 on the shade.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by one screw.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Articulated arm approx. 33cm
2. Articulated arm approx. 40cm
Shade diameter approx. 18cm
E27 socket with original bakelite rotary switches
Cable length approx. 210 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia