Midgard D.R.G.M. old petrol blue jointed lamp with enameled shade.
This vintage articulated double joint lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling of all elements, the lamp was cleaned and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bulb socket.
The lamp can be screwed at the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm approx. 30cm
2. Arm approx. 30cm
Shade diameter approx. 15,5cm
Bulb socket E27 with rotary switch
Cable length approx. 230 cm
manufactured in Auma in Thüringen