Articulated lamp in original condition with grey paint and wide rounded shade.
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The lamp is engraved with DDRP on a joint and Midgard on the shade.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lampbase can be screwed on the table surface/table top.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Total length about 95cm
1. arm approx. 55cm
2. arm approx. 37cm
Shade diameter approx. 20cm
E27 socket with original bakelite rotary switch
Cable length approx. 120 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia